Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Memories

Every year my mom would get a turkey from the local Car Service and make the best turkey dinner for thanksgiving. The complete dinner would consist of a Ham with pineapple slices and cherries, Potato Salad, Rice and Beans, Pernil, and Turkey with Stuffing. We would also have family over along with their significant other (my sisters and their boyfriends).

Thanksgiving was always a holiday that I looked forward to celebrating because it always meant spending time with family. It also meant eating my mom's delicious food. Before we ate though we would say to ourselves what we were thankful for. We wouldn't say it out loud in a circle like in the movies and TV specials but the meaning was there.

Speaking of TV specials I would watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then after that came the National Dog Show. It was cool to see all the different types of dogs. The parade was cool too but it was mostly focused on broadway performances than the actual balloons.

Last year was a bit of a letdown because it consisted of just me and my mom, which is fine but I would have liked the usual family gathering. And we didn't get a turkey. But this year I'm hoping we'll get back on track. Whatever happens though will be ok because you just gotta be thankful for being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment